While we are looking forward to life returning to normal, we are also aware of the continuing need to do everything we can to keep visitors and staff safe.
For this reason, we have decided to maintain social distancing and other mitigation measures until further notice.
We've reduced the number of people we can welcome to the Baths at any one time, to ensure that you have enough space to social distance during your visit. All tickets must be purchased in advance, this includes Discovery Card and Annual Pass holders.
- Face coverings must be worn in all indoor areas, unless you have a special exemption. You will not be required to wear a face covering in open outdoor areas such as the Great Bath and the Terrace.
- One-way route with markers throughout
- Our capacity has been reduced and all tickets must be booked online in advance.
- Signage and signposting to help you navigate around the site safely
- Protective screens on the reception desk and PPE for staff; all staff have been trained in physical distancing and hygiene protocols.
- Increased cleaning regimes across the site including hand sanitiser at key points for you to use.
- Daily dedicated sessions for visitors with additional access needs. You can find out more about our accessibility arrangements here.
Should you feel unwell/are displaying COVID-symptoms, please do not visit the Roman Baths. Our flexible rebooking policy will allow you to schedule your visit for another time. Please email us in advance of your visit to rebook.
You can help us keep everyone safe by:
- Keeping your distance from other visitors and not overtaking while in the museum. Please note that there may be some increased queuing and wait times during your visit.
- Please arrive five minutes before your booked arrival slots; we will not be able to allow entry to those who arrive outside their pre-booked arrival slot or arrive without a pre-booked ticket.
- We encourage all visitors to check-in using the NHS COVID-19 app but we will not be collecting details of those who do not use the app. QR codes are available at the entrance for visitors to scan in using their phones.
If you need to cancel your booking or change the date, please email us and include your preferred new date and time.
The last slots of the day may not be long enough to see everything of interest. Some visitors may like to book an earlier slot or book for another day.