- Is there any real value in listening to patients – or even to meet them face-to-face – to make a diagnosis or prognosis?
- Did the Greco-Roman healers make any important medical advances or were their treatments simply working as placebos?
- Are aqueducts, drains and bathhouses really a reflection of the Roman concern for the public health?
- Should we dismiss dream therapy or pilgrimages to healing sites - such as Bath - as gimmicks?
- As we continue to recover from the coronavirus pandemic can we learn anything from the Roman response to their plagues?
These questions – and more – will be explored with Dr Nick Summerton using practical sessions, interactive workshops, lectures, and a tour around the Roman Baths and finds collection.
£45/£35 for Discovery Card, seniors and students.
For booking information contact [email protected]