What happens during your Virtual Visit to the Roman Baths?
We ask you to use the video conferencing platform that you are familiar with in school such as Zoom or Microsoft Teams and invite us to your meeting. A Roman Baths expert will be in the Museum and will lead the live workshop. You and your class will be in your school and will be the only participants during the workshop, it's just for you.
At least one adult will need to remain in your classroom during the workshop to support with the activities – to look after the mute button and to choose children to respond to questions.
What happens when I make a booking request?
Only bookings made directly by schools will be accepted. We don't accept bookings from third parties.
Bookings should be made at least two weeks before the virtual visit. Bookings are available Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday during school term dates.
How can these workshops be tailored for specific access requirements?
We aim to make our workshops as accessible as possible, for example:
- We ensure our staff speak clearly and slowly.
- We provide session support notes in advance.
- We will send all worksheets in advance so they can be printed as required.
If you have specific access requirements for your group, you can communicate these when booking, and we will endeavour to meet them
How do you connect your classroom to the Museum?
You will need:
- A computer with the ability to join a meeting on the video conferencing platform you normally use in school such as Zoom or Microsoft Teams and invite us to your meeting. This is how we will be guests in your classroom.
- A smartboard, large screen or projector connected to the computer running the video conferencing software. This is how your students will see the live stream.
- Speakers, often built into smartboard, screens and projectors connected to the computer. This is how your students will hear the live stream.
- A webcam connected or built into the computer. This is how your students will be visible to the Museum's expert.
- A microphone connected or built into the computer. This is how your students will be heard by the Museum's expert.
Is school and pupil data safe and secure?
- The Roman Baths is also part of Bath & North East Somerset Council and is subject to its data and security policy which can be found here: https://beta.bathnes.gov.uk/council-privacy-policy
- The Roman Baths will never take screen shots or make audio or visual recordings of any Virtual Visits without your prior consent.
- The Virtual Visit will be hosted by you and we will be your guests. Your unique meeting invitation and passcode will be shared by email only with us.
What happens after the workshop?
You will be emailed an evaluation survey to the same address you used to book. Completing the survey is optional. Your feedback in the survey will help to develop and improve the workshops.
Feedback is greatly appreciated.
What can you do if your question is not answered here?
Contact the Group Bookings Office. If they can't answer your question directly, they should be able to pass your question onto someone who can.